ponedeljek, 28. februar 2011

Hello, New Media and Society

Hello people,

My name is Jordan and I am a last-semester MA student in History through the University of Arizona. I have just come from Guatemala where I conducted my research, and before that, I was studying in Brazil. Ljubljana will be my new, temporary, overcast home.

As I sort through the abundance of electronic data this first week of class, I would admit that I am not particularly technology savvy. For that reason, I decided to follow this course--as I write my thesis, I'd like to be distracted by new ideas and topics.

As I find myself in the profession of arms, I am particulary interested in how new media may negatively portray American troops abroad. Not all videos I've located on youtube have captured our Marines and soldiers in their proudest moments.

Possibly the most technologically ignorant student in the class (insert smiley face), I look forward to confronting academic obstacles while considering surely different points of view from others. Let's learn some new stuff!

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar